Dental veneers are simply ceramic restorations that are bonded to the frontal surface of the teeth. Though they are mainly used to make cosmetic changes to the teeth, they also enhance the functionality of the mouth by covering cracks, chipping, etc. Their convenient and straightforward procedure makes veneers the go-to choice for minor cosmetic dental changes.
What Are the Advantages of Veneers?
- Veneers have been excellent in treating multiple oral concerns, making them highly versatile in dentistry.
- They can be made from dental-grade ceramic or composite resin, both of which are tooth-colored and biocompatible materials.
- Though veneers are wafer-thin, they exhibit excellent durability and strength.
- Veneers last for many years without any hassle.
- They do not undergo any changes in color due to staining, which allows you to maintain a pleasing smile.
- The preparation phase for getting veneers is quite simple and requires the removal of only a small amount of enamel from the teeth.
- Veneers can be bonded to the teeth in one or two visits to the dentist’s practice, making the process quick and convenient.
How Are Veneers Placed?
When you visit Spa Dental in San Jose for the initial consultation, we will thoroughly diagnose your mouth and determine the severity of your oral condition. Depending on the observations, we will decide if you are eligible for veneers. If you are eligible, we will remove a thin layer of enamel from the tooth receiving the veneer. This is done to make space for the veneer and prevent the tooth from looking bloated. We will then take X-rays and scans of the teeth, which will serve as a reference for fabricating the veneer. We will make a digital impression of the tooth using these scans and share the same with a dental laboratory. Meanwhile, a temporary veneer will be placed on the tooth to protect the prepared surface.
Once the veneer is fabricated, we will remove the temporary one and clean the tooth. Its surface will be roughened using an etching liquid, which allows the veneer to adhere well to it. We use photosensitive dental adhesives for this purpose, which will be cured using a curing light. We will take a bite test and polish the veneer to make sure its appearance matches that of the adjoining natural teeth.
We invite you to schedule a consultation with our team of dental experts at Spa Dentistry in San Jose, CA to get all your oral concerns addressed at the earliest. Please call us at (408) 270-7723 or reach out through online consultation, and we’ll be happy to help.